Lamotrigine ODT-Induced Seizure in a 3-Year-Old Child after Accidental Ingestion.
Lamotrigine is a new generation antiepileptic which blocks sodium channels and can cause significant toxicity in overdose. A case of a three-year-old child who suffered a seizure and required endotracheal intubation after accidental lamotrigine ingestion is presented. The lamotrigine concentration measured 23.2 mcg/mL which is the highest reported after accidental pediatric exposure. A review of the literature regarding pediatric lamotrigine poisoning is also included.
Published In/Presented At
Griswold, A., Tully, B., Katz, K., Beauchamp, G., Cook, M., & Cannon, R. (2019). Lamotrigine ODT-Induced Seizure in a 3-Year-Old Child after Accidental Ingestion. Case reports in emergency medicine, 2019, 2675931. doi:10.1155/2019/2675931
Emergency Medicine | Pediatrics
Department of Emergency Medicine, Department of Emergency Medicine Faculty, Department of Emergency Medicine Residents, Department of Pediatrics, Department of Pediatrics Residents