Title

Lamotrigine ODT-Induced Seizure in a 3-Year-Old Child after Accidental Ingestion

Publication/Presentation Date

2019

Abstract

Lamotrigine is a new generation antiepileptic which blocks sodium channels and can cause significant toxicity in overdose. A case of a three-year-old child who suffered a seizure and required endotracheal intubation after accidental lamotrigine ingestion is presented. The lamotrigine concentration measured 23.2 mcg/mL which is the highest reported after accidental pediatric exposure. A review of the literature regarding pediatric lamotrigine poisoning is also included.

Volume

2019

Comments

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/criem/2019/2675931/abs/

This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.

Disciplines

Emergency Medicine | Pediatrics

Department(s)

Department of Emergency Medicine, Department of Emergency Medicine Faculty, Department of Emergency Medicine Residents, Department of Pediatrics, Department of Pediatrics Residents

Document Type

Article

Share

COinS