Foreign body ingestion occurs mainly in a mentally impaired person, but rarely in healthy adults. A 48-year-old male was admitted with a recurrence of previously diagnosed right knee septic arthritis and accidentally ingested his dental bridge which was removed from a proximal ascending colon with a colonoscopy.
Published In/Presented At
Essrani, R., Hickey, P., & Shah, H. (2019). Denture Misadventure: The Tooth About Your Colon. Cureus, 11(1), e3890. doi:10.7759/cureus.3890.
Gastroenterology | Internal Medicine
Department of Medicine, Department of Medicine Faculty, Department of Medicine Fellows and Residents
This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License CC-BY 3.0.